This article has insufficient information. Feel free to assist the
Shovel Knight Wiki by expanding it!
|Theme||The Wookie Hole; To the Turbo Tunnel; Battle the Battletoads|
|“||How about we give you some training, Battletoads style?||”|
The Battletoads are a group comprised of Rash, Zitz and Pimple, they are exclusive to the Xbox One version of Shovel Knight and can be found in the Mysterious Area. There the player can have a "sparring match" with each one of the Toads emulating the gameplay of the original Battletoads game. The Battletoads are only available in Shovel Knight's campaign.
For more information on the Battletoads, check out the Battletoads Wiki.
Before the fightEdit
- "Rash: Hey, Pimple, I thought we were just goin' out for a burger and flies! Where'd that crazy space warp take us?"
- "Zitz: Whoa, Rash, get a load of that shovel dude!"
- "Shovel Knight: ... er... Greetings, amphibians! I'm Shovel Knight, on my quest to defeat the Enchantress!"
- "Zitz: Well, that's a neat story! Anyway, we're the Battletoads!"
- "Pimple: Wait a minute, Zitz, is this guy talkin' about the Dark Queen, bros?! Lemme at her!!"
- "Shovel Knight: Hm, I suppose one might think of her as a Dark Queen of sorts..."
- "Rash: Well, lemme tell ya, we know a thing or two about fighting Dark Queens... And no offense, tadpole, but you look like you could use some help! How about we give you some training, Battletoads style?"
If selected Toadally!
- "Zitz: Dija hear that, Toads!? He said yes!!"
- "Rash: Righteous! Okay then, let's hop to it!!!"
After the fightEdit
- "Rash: Wow, Shovel Knight! You've got some crazy moves!"
- "Shovel Knight: Er, I... thank you, kind sirs!"
- "Pimple: Well, all this tubo training was draining. We oughta bug out and find some grub! Care to join us, shovel guy?"
- "Shovel Knight: I... I'll pass, thank you!"
- "Zitz: Your loss! Oh hey, meet us back at camp, though. We wanna give you a little token of Toad gratitude!"
Back at the campEdit
- "Zitz: Most righteous shovel bro, we hereby name you an honorary Toad! To aid you in your battle against your own Dark Queen... We bestow you this most excellent Toad Gear! Now you'll have cool moves just like us!"
If equipped the Toad Gear:
- "Zitz: Nice, you'll look styllish! I'm green with envy! Have fun with those smash hits!"
- Rare, the original developers of Battletoads, provided input on the work of Yacht Club Games for these guest bosses.
- The music which plays in this stage is taken directly from the corresponding stage from the NES version of Battletoads, except for the Rash fight which is a remix of the title theme. In addition, pausing in this stage will replace the music with said game's pause theme.
- Although not physically seen, the Battletoads' mentor Professor T. Bird can be heard having a conversation with a Rooster Gent. Notably, he is the only character with a custom portrait who is not seen physically by Shovel Knight.
- The Battletoads are one of 4 boss fights that doesn't take place in Plague of Shadows. The other ones are The Big Creep, Remnant of Fate and Kratos.
- ↑ How Shovel Knight’s developer revived the bane of GameStop clerks everywhere: Battletoads on VentureBeat.
|Shovel of Hope Characters|
|Main Characters:||Shovel Knight • Shield Knight • Black Knight • The Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Plague Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travelers:||Reize Seatlan • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Kratos • Battletoads • Madame Meeber|
|Village:||Bard • Goatician • Gastronomer • Magicist • Dancer • Deposed King • Grandma Swamp • Mona • Croaker • Chester • Troupple Acolyte • Hoop Kid • Hedge Farmer • Water Carrier • Grizzled Seer|
|Armor Outpost:||Wallace • Fisherman • Toader • Mary Sweets • Leo • Peacock Gent • Dolly • Armorer • Shovel Smith • Yoppler • Airship Enthusiast|
|Other Characters:||Troupple King|