|Theme||Fighting With All of Our Might|
|“||The Great BAZ KNIGHT! Like the sound of THAT!||”|
With a fearsome rope whip and the toughest-looking armor around, one might think that the traveling warrior Baz would be a shoe-in to join up with the Order of No Quarter. Imagine his surprise when he was rejected! He now roams the land, taking out his anger on passers-by. Trying to prove himself strong enough to earn the title of “Baz Knight”.
Baz is a man trying to prove himself and be recognized by his strength. His iron will is second to no one; his dream is to join the The Order, even though he has no clear reason to do so other than status. He is quite loud and often obnoxious, being a bit clueless, the type of person that punches first and ask questions later.
When Shovel Knight encounters Baz he is still fuming from being rejected by the Order of No Quarter. He expresses the belief that if he defeats Shovel Knight he will be a Knight and thus he can join the Order. After being defeated he breaks down crying that he will never be able to join the Order.
During the credits, the Baz is seen with the other Wandering Travelers fighting off a group of Liquid Samurais.
The Baz fights Plague Knight because he wants to prove his intellect, because according to Baz, if you defeat a scientist you become a scientist. After his defeat, Baz has the option of getting hired by Plague Knight to work in his underground lair. If he is hired he will dress as a Plague Minion, and from then on he can be seen inside the lair, where he will give off some humorous dialogue whenever spoken to. Also, if Plague Knight talks to him in the lair with less than the maximum amount of Health Tonics, Baz will give him the maximum Tonics for free, claiming he snatched some from the Magicist while she wasn't looking.
As Shovel Knight:
- "Baz: ARRRRGGGGGHH! I can't believe this!"
- "Shovel Knight: Trouble, friend? Have you lost your way?"
- "Baz: Bought the BEST GEAR, the SLICKEST ARMOR, the STRONGEST ROPE..."
- "Shovel Knight: Er... pardon? Are you in need of help?"
- "Baz: Those stuck-up Order of No Quarter clowns have NO IDEA what they're missing! Hey! YOU look like a knight!"
- "Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight, at your service. But I'm not in league w--"
- "Baz: So I heard if you BEAT a KNIGHT, you get to take their title. Right?"
- "Shovel Knight: Please, don't do something you'll regret, I don't want t--"
- "Baz: The Great BAZ KNIGHT! Like the sound of THAT! They'll have NO CHOICE but to accept me NOW! Come on, let's DO THIS!!"
- "Baz: No way! Not even my best moves could faze you!"
- "Shovel Knight: Well fought. If you can accept defeat like a true knight, you'll always have your dignity."
- "Baz: Now they'll never let me into the Order! Never ever ever! WAHHHHHHHHH!"
As Plague Knight:
- "Plague Knight: Ah, Polar Knight! I had some business I had to... no, wait, never mind, it's... just a commoner!"
- "Baz: Ugh! Forget the stupid Order of No Quarter! Maybe I just need a new angle... something where I can show off my big huge brain! Hey, you, you're a scientist, right? You sure look like one. So if I beat you in a fight, then I'll become a scientist!"
- "Plague Knight: Heh, uh, I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about."
- "Baz: Hahaha! I see my natural science talents are already messing with your mind! Check out this string theory!"
- "Plague Knight: Hee hee... looks like the only thing you should be hitting is the books!"
- "Baz: *sniff*... that's one more loss for the Baz. I guess I'll just stay here, since I ain't no good at nothin'..."
- "Baz: I didn't ever wanna hurt nobody... that much... I just wanted to fit in somewhere. But you wouldn't know what that's like... would you?"
- "Plague Knight: Hee hee! I know somewhere you'd fit right in!But you'd have to observe protocol! There's a uniform!"
- "Baz: No way?! Are you for real? Ok! Let's do this! I promise, I'll polish every beaker! Or am I thinking of flasks? Whatever, let's scrub down!"
- "Baz: Oh man! I look awesome! You won't regret this! See ya back at the lab, teach!"
- Baz is based off of "Zubaz", a cancelled character from the Street Fighter franchise. He was made popular after appearing in the internet show Fighterpedia, a program created by Matt and Woolie of Two Best Friends Play. The character "Zubaz" has also made appearances in several other indie games, one of which being Divekick where he uses the same whip swinging technique.
- In Plague of Shadows, if you recuit Baz, you can see him still wearing the Plague Minion's oufit in the credits.
|Main Characters:||Shovel Knight • Shield Knight • Black Knight • The Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Plague Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travelers:||Reize Seatlan • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Kratos • Battletoads|