This article has insufficient information. Feel free to assist the
Shovel Knight Wiki by expanding it!
|Theme||The Blades Of Chaos|
|Weapon||Blades of Chaos|
|“||Prepare yourself for the Spartan wrath of the Blades of Chaos!||”|
Kratos is the protagonist of the God of War series whose character and exploits are far too grim to be explained here. For more info, visit the God of War Wiki.
After defeating Kratos, the player will receive 2000 gold and the Grave Digger's Shovel, which can be taken to the Armorer at the Armor Outpost to receive the Armor of Chaos, which drastically alters Shovel Knight's play style to be more like Kratos.
Before the fight:
- "Shovel Knight: Black Knight, is that you?! Why have you lured me here?"
- "????: You know not to whom you speak, Gardener. Get out of my way!!"
- "Shovel Knight: Nonsense! Your disguises and trickery won't deter me! Show yourself, or be gone!"
- "????: Athena!!! Is this yet another test? Am I to face this foolish peasant, without even a proper weapon?"
- "Kratos: Then so be it... Prepare yourself for the Spartan wrath of the Blades of Chaos!"
After the fight:
- "Kratos: Enough! In your hands, a mere farmer's tool burns with the fury of Hades! Surely you have the gods' favor. I shall call you the Ghost of Shovels."
- "Shovel Knight: You as well are formidable, Ghost of Sparta. Your technique is unlike any I've seen. I bid you good fortune in your quest, whatever it may be."
- "Kratos: My fate lies... elsewhere. Take this gift. If properly honed, it could uproot the olive trees of Olympus."
- Kratos is one from the 4 bosses that can not be fought in Plague of Shadows or Specter of Torment. The other 3 are The Big Creep, Remnant of Fate and the Battletoads.
- The developers of Yacht Club Games visited the team of Santa Monica Studios in order to work on Kratos's design and animations. It also marked the 10th anniversary of the God of War series.
- The battle's location, a snowy mountain, was a hint to the upcoming 2018 God of War game.
- Kratos actually uses the Blades of Exile from God of War III, despite him calling them the Blades of Chaos.
- After the battle, Kratos will put his cloak back and walk slowly across the screen until he leaves it. During so, Shovel Knight can hit him causing the cowl to fall back. This will make Kratos stop to put it back on. Doing this three times will ultimatly cause Kratos to put the hood back on one last time, before considerably increase his walking pace. After this, is no longer possible to harass him any further.
- Due to their lack of pronouns, Kratos speeches are among the very few major pieces of dialogue to remain completly unchanged between a standard playthrough and Body Swap Mode.
- If already defeated once during a standard playthrough, during New Game Plus Kratos will skip the first two phases of his fight, starting the battle during the falling section.
- ↑ THE GOD OF WAR VS SHOVEL KNIGHT on Santa Monica Studios' website.
- ↑ Twitter post by Yacht Club Games
|Shovel of Hope Characters|
|Main Characters:||Shovel Knight • Shield Knight • Black Knight • The Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Plague Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travelers:||Reize Seatlan • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Kratos • Battletoads • Madame Meeber|
|Village:||Bard • Goatician • Gastronomer • Magicist • Juice Maid • Dancer • Deposed King • Grandma Swamp • Mona • Croaker • Chester • Troupple Acolyte • Hoop Kid • Hedge Farmer • Water Carrier • Grizzled Seer|
|Armor Outpost:||Wallace • Fisherman • Toader • Mary Sweets • Leo • Peacock Gent • Dolly • Armorer • Shovel Smith • Yoppler • Airship Enthusiast • ????|
|Hall of Champions:||Ticketer • Cultured Fellow • Patron|
|Other Characters:||Troupple King • Troupple|