|Locations||Village; Potionarium, Armor Outpost|
Percy is a character in Plague of Shadows. This horse scientist is one of Plague Knight's allies and will trade Scrap Sheets for 500 gold each. When Mona temporarily leaves Team Plague, Percy takes over her duties at the Potionarium.
He is unfortunately an airhead, with is competence sadly hit and miss. For example Plague Knight recounts a time when Percy's Catapult sent him flying into the ocean, and during the campaign, Percy proves in multiple occasions to be oblivious of the situation surrounding him or of the backhanded insults thrown at him by Plague Knight. In Plague of Shadows, despite his absolute confidence in his trajectory calculations, his Catapult instead launches Plague Knight right into the middle of the Armor Outpost, forcing the alchemist to fight his way out through an assaulting squadron of guard knights.
Despite this, Percy is competent enough to operate the Essences's Dynamo Decanter, fix the Potionarium power generator, complete Mona's research for Plague Knight's bombs and create the Pandemonium Chalice, despite Mona herself being unsure of whether it was even possible to create.
Talking to Percy for the first time:
- "Percy: Ah, Plague Knight, my good friend. A moment of your time?"
- "Plague Knight: *SIGH* ..... HOW CAN I HELP YOU, Percy?"
- "Percy: I've run out of paper, and I can't fit any more ballistic formulae on my hoof! I'm in desperate need!"
- "Plague Knight: Hey, do you need glue as well? I know how to make some, hee hee."
- "Percy: Oh! Why, thank you, but just the paper will do... And by the way, you're looking a bit forlorn lately. Maybe I'll repay your kindness with some LOVE ADVICE!"
Bringing Percy a single Scrap Sheet:
- "Percy: Brilliant! You've brought me a sheet of paper! 500 gold for your trouble!"
Bringing Percy Scrap Sheets:
- "Percy: My ally, that's [x] sheets of paper you've brought me! 500 gold each!"
Refusing to trade Scrap Sheets:
- "Percy: Well, whenever you're ready to trade, I will rush to your side!"
Percy finding a regular sheet:
- "Percy: Sharps... Flats... Time signatures? What's all this? Eh, I'll just write on the back... Oh, I nearly forgot! As I promised, a fitting reward: A romance tip from Sir Percival!"
Percy's pieces of love advice:
- "Percy: Love can easily be distilled: it all comes down to having the proper chemistry."
- "Percy: The trajectory of a woman's heart is merely a matter of ballistic physics. Solve the equation!"
- "Percy: Her heart will be putty in your hands, if you merely recite this poem: Thy love is a Summer's rain. Dewdrops upon thine face, shining in thy light. Be with me, Lady."
- "Percy: Gently stroke her hair as you tenderly feed her some oats. Move slowly... Don't spook her!"
- "Percy: Everything you need to know about romance can be found in books. Read up!"
Plague Knight's thoughts in answer:
- "Plague Knight: (... What a blockhead, heh...)"
- "Plague Knight: (It's amazing that he can even dress himself, let alone dispense love advice!)"
- "Plague Knight: (Hee, was he talking? I must've blanked out...)"
- "Plague Knight: (Is that really all there is to it? Hmm...)"
- "Plague Knight: (How does this MUSKMELON have any luck with romance?)"
- "Plague Knight: (Why do I even put up with this simpleton?)"
- "Plague Knight: (Was this guy raised in a barn, or what?)"
Percy finding a Music Sheet:
- "Percy: Wh.. what is this folly? There's some sort of ...musical notation scribbled all over it, ON BOTH SIDES! There's nowhere for me to write! Useless! Into the trash bin it goes!"
Talking to Percy, not all Scrap Sheets found:
- "Percy: My friend! You look well. My research is progressing steadily, but I still need more paper!"
When all Scrap Sheets have been found:
- "Percy: My friend! I am forever obliged, MY RESEARCH IS COMPLETE! Now I can move on to other scholarly pursuits!"
Percy at the broken catapult in the Armor Outpost:
- "Percy: Ah, just in time! I've set our coordinates directly to a faraway trove of treasure and armaments! Best of all, it's completely unguarded!"
- "Plague Knight: I want to believe you, Percy, but our last "direct flight" was directly into the ocean. I can't afford another set of waterlogged bombs!"
- "Percy: Fear not, friend! I've quadruple-checked my numbers. I just need to change out the torsion rod. That's a cheap fix, only 50 Chipher Coins. A pittance for our institution, yes?"
Not enough Coins for the catapult part:
- "Percy: Is our endowment that meager? The future of ballistics depends on ample funding!"
Refusing to pay for the catapult part:
- "Percy: Hmph, not a patron of the hard sciences? Maybe Mona wants to fly through the clouds instead."
Paying for the catapult part:
- "Percy: Excellent! I'll send for the part. We'll be soaring in no time!"
After the catapult has been fixed:
- "Percy: Perfect! Now, that's one beautiful torsion rod. Hop aboard, and the spoils are as good as yours!"
Returning to the catapult after clearing the Armor Outpost:
- "Percy: Well, hello again, Plague Knight! Why the long face?"
- "Plague Knight: Heh, it takes one to know, you fool! You fired me right into the Armor Outpost!"
- "Percy: Oh bother... Where did I go wrong? I see now! Forgot to.... carry... the 1.... Perfect! Let's try again. It should be accurate within a centimeter. Just say the word!"
Returning to the catapult after using it a second time:
- "Percy: You don't have to give me that look. I KNOW why it didn't work. Just give me another shot hop on!"
After acquiring the fifth Essence:
- "Percy: The forces of darkness reigns no longer! For I Percy, have fixed the power! How's it going? Eesh, that's a nasty stuck lever. Need a hoof with that? ... No? You're good? Fair Enough! I'll be in the other room. DOING SCIENCE!"
After defeating Black Knight wandering the Valley:
- "Plague Knight: Mona? Hey, where'd she run off to?"
Percy descends with the elevator:
- "Plague Knight: Oh, Mona, good, heh, listen, uh, we have to talk. I'm really sorry that I wasn't forthcoming about..."
- "Percy: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Percy on deck! I love ridding that thing. Hey, Mona was in a hurry. Gathered some things and took off. Is she ill? Well, no matter. Rain or shine, Percy will fill in as needed."
- "Plague Knight: (... Is she really gone?)"
Percy in Mona's room below the village:
- "Percy: Oh hi, friend! Did you miss me? Let me take you down to the lab."
Opening the Research section:
- "Percy: Hm, Mona's notes are pretty thorough! Looks like we require [x] Cipher Coins to complete her design!"
Not enough coins for research:
- "Percy: Unless I'm reading this wrong, we can't do this with spare parts. We'll need at least [x] Cipher Coins for materials!."
- "Percy: What, is Mona's design substandard? I'm rather fond of her design, personally."
Paying for Research:
- "Percy: Stellar! Now, simply watch as Percy dazzles you with engineering precision!"
- "Percy: Now, marvel at the wonders made possible by Mona's research!"
Closing the shop:
- "Percy: Best of luck, my friend! Stop by any time if you need a tune-up."
Completing all available Research:
- "Percy: Incredible! we've done all the reseach in Mona's notebook! ... Actually, somenthing's scribbled on the margin! but it seems impossible, even if we collected every last Cipher Coin. But enough hypotheticals! I present to you... your full arsenal!"
If all Cipher Coins are collected and the Pandemonium Chalice is created:
- "Percy: Great Geldings!? Is that ALL of the Cipher Coins!? Give me those. Let's throw caution to the wind and do some science!"
- "Percy: Well, it's finished, but it seems useless. Pity since you collected all those coins! Anyway, here ya go!"
Returning from the Stranded Ship:
- "Percy: Somenthing tells me Polar Knight knows how to sling snow. But that shovel is no match for a catapult, eh?"
- "Plague Knight: Heh, exothermic reactions are my specialty. He simply couldn't take the heat, hahaha!"
Returning from the Clockwork Tower:
- "Percy: Ah, now Tinker Knight. There's an engineer who knows ballistics. Too bad he doesn't know when he's outmatched!"
- "Plague Knight: heh, yeah, I asked nicely, but he was too stubborn."
Returning from the Flying Machine:
- "Percy: Despite Propeller Knight's crude courtship rituals, I admit his vessel is romantic. A fine setting for wooing a fair mare!"
- "Plague Knight: Sigh..."
When all of the Order of No Quarter knights are defeated:
- "Percy: By the way I noticed Mona left a Health Potion among her notes. Surely it was meant for you. Take it!"
- "Percy: Incredible! The penultimate Essence! Quite the accomplishment for you!"
- "Plague Knight: I wasn't working alone ... at least, not in the beginning."
- "PErcy: Such humility! I realize I helped, but the credit largely goes to you!"
- "Plague Knight: ..."
- "Percy: Well, anyway, the time is nigh! I'll use Mona's decanter to pack up the Essences for you. Be incredibly careful with these!"
- "Plague Knight: *Sigh* ....."
- "Plague Knight: ... Thanks, Percy. Don't wait up for me, hee hee!"
- He refers himself as Sir Percival while telling love tips.
- Percy may be the Scholar met in Shovel of Hope as they wear similar (though not identical) outfits, have the same artwork reused for one of the cover art of Plague of Shadows and both have an affection for ballistic physics.
- Percy's sprite model is closer to the look of the original artwork than the Scholar's.
|Plague of Shadows Characters|
|Main Characters:||Plague Knight • Mona • Black Knight • Shovel Knight • The Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travelers:||Shovel Knight • Reize Seatlan • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Madame Meeber|
|Potionarium:||Magicist • Hedge Pupil • Mail Minion • Percy • Oolong|
|Armor Outpost:||Chester • Troupple Acolyte • Leo • Peacock Gent • Dolly • Airship Enthusiast|
|Hall of Champions:||Head Guard • Cultured Fellow • Patron|
|Other Characters:||Troupple King • Troupple • Plague of Shadows • Corrupted Essence|