|“||Escape from all harm... briefly. You can even walk on spikes!||”|
The Phase Locket is a Relic that allows you to temporarily phase through enemies and makes you invincible. The Phase Locket can be purchased from Chester for 1000 gold in Specter Knight's stage, or in the Village for 2000 gold if it was not picked up before completion of the stage.
The Forest of Phasing Relic Course is intended to be completed using the Phase Locket.
Specter Knight is seen angry at its loss in the credits of Plague of Shadows.
| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details about an event that occurs later in the game.
|“||Stirs memories of the past, and is a constant reminder of your future.||”|
In Specter of Torment the Phase Locket appears in the gear tab as the Keepsake Locket and keeps track of how many knights have been recruited to The Order of No Quarter.
The Keepsake Locket holds significance to Specter Knight. At the start of the game and after every level, Specter Knight is seen reminiscing with the locket on the balcony of the Tower of Fate. As the campaign goes on, it is revealed it was originally a normal locket, a family keepsake of the departed Luan, and Luan had given it to Donovan, because he had considered him as family to him.
When Donovan died and was resurrected by The Enchantress, she used the locket as a means to insure Donovan would gather the 8 knights for the order as he had promised. When 8 Knights swore allegiance to the Enchantress, the locket would then be able to reverse death itself and bring one person back to life, but only once.
After Nightmare Reize was defeated at the end of Specter of Torment, The Enchantress sought to make Reize the final knight, but Specter Knight chose to swear loyalty to her in Reize's place, finishing the deal and granting the locket power, which Specter Knight chose to use on Reize instead of himself, protecting Luan's son from an undead lifetime of servitude to The Enchantress with his final act of free will. He then decided to hide the locket inside a chest in his personal secret hideout in the Lich Yard.
- The Phase Locket is the only item in the game which has a connection with the three current campaigns.
- When he was alive, Specter Knight received the locket as a gift from his friend Luan, which is later stored inside a chest inside Specter Knight's secret room at the end of Specter of Torment.
- In Plague of Shadows, Plague Knight finds the Phase Locket inside Specter Knight's secret room, where he trades the locket with Chester in exchange for the Leech Liquid.
- In Shovel of Hope, Chester sells the Phase Locket to Shovel Knight after getting it from Plague Knight.
- Its implied that the invincibility powers of the Phase Locket originate from the residual magic left in it after its use on Nightmare Reize; no longer able to completly control life and death but only capable to temporary "phase" between the two states, making its holder invulnerable as a side effect.
- The only time the locket will show 8/8 knights recruited is during the final cutscene after Specter Knight says he'll become a part of the order. The Keepsake Locket icon will also become blue during it as well.
- However, it will still say 7/8 and the locket will be red if you reload your file.