|Boss||The Black Knight|
|Theme||Strike the Earth!|
The Plains, also known as the Plains of Passage, is the first stage Shovel Knight must face in his quest to defeat the Enchantress. At the end of the Plains Shovel Knight encounters and must defeat The Black Knight.
As the introductory stage it is easier than most stages to allow the player to get familiar with Shovel Knight as well as ensure they have discovered the Shovel Drop.
The Plains is a lush, green forest-like area inhabited by Boneclangs, Beetos, and other different creatures. It has many secret destructable walls and large caverns, moving platforms, bottomless pits, spikes, and large dirt piles. In this stage, checkpoints are indestructable, similar to Tower of Fate: ????. As mentioned above, it is very easy as the introductory stage. "Strike the Earth!" plays here and "The Rival" plays during the boss fight.
Enemies Encountered Edit
- The Theme for this stage, "Strike The Earth", is a reference to the indie simulation game Dwarf Fortress.
- As the easiest stage in the game it is the only one where the boss possesses twelve hit points instead of the usual twenty.
- The Plains has the most common tileset in the game; being used in the Forest of Phasing and the Plains Encounter Stage.
- In many above-ground areas, the Tower of Fate can be seen in the background.
- There actually is an image for the Plains for when the stage hasn't been completed yet. This is normally unseen by the player since the Plains is always completed first.
|Main Stages:||Plains • Pridemoor Keep • The Lich Yard • Explodatorium • Iron Whale • Lost City • Clockwork Tower • Stranded Ship • Flying Machine • Tower of Fate: Entrance • Tower of Fate: Ascent • Tower of Fate: ????|
|Relic Courses:||Forest of Phasing / Forest of Fishing • Knuckler's Quarry / Bottomless Quarry • Frigid Flight / Shivering Sprint|
|Bonus Stages:||Plains Encounter • Pridemoor Keep Loot • Iron Whale Loot • Lich Yard Encounter|
|Safe Zones:||Village / Potionarium • Armor Outpost • Tower of Fate|
|Misc:||Troupple Pond • Hall of Champions • Shortcut? • Mysterious Area|