|“||The bitter cold will claim you.||”|
At home in the cold, Polar Knight guards the stranded ship in the frozen south. Titanic and terrible, he is the strongest and most brutish of the Order of No Quarter. Some time in the past, Shovel Knight and Polar Knight have crossed Shovels before… and if they battle again, Polar Knight doesn't intend on a second rematch.
- Pros: Wields Snow Shovel, Doesn't feel cold but is quite considerate!
- Cons: Annoying laugh (it's like water torture!)
Polar Knight is a man of few words who apparently prefers solitude. He seems to respect strength asking Shovel Knight to join the order out of respect for his power. Conversely he despises weakness and mocks Plague Knight for fighting with tricks and chemistry rather than martial skill. Whether this hatred of weakness extends to Tinker Knight is unknown.
Shovel Knight Edit
Polar Knight has or at least had a positive relationship with Shovel Knight, who addresses Polar Knight as an old friend when they meet, though he seems upset that Polar Knight has joined the Order, apparently betraying an oath in doing so. Despite this, Polar Knight seems to respect Shovel Knight greatly, trying to recruit him to the Order of No Quarter both when they first meet and after being defeated in the Battle Royale.
Plague Knight Edit
Polar Knight and Plague Knight have an openly antagonistic relationship. In Plague of Shadows, Plague Knight initially mistakes Baz for Polar Knight when they meet in the fields. When he meets the real Polar Knight, he mockingly calls him 'Beard Knight'. Polar Knight makes his contempt of Plague Knight and his weakness known shortly afterward.
Black Knight Edit
In the credits of Plague of Shadows, Polar Knight is seen sharing a campfire with Black Knight in a scene titled 'reunion' implying they also share a past relationship. Whether the two and Shovel Knight were all part of the supposed oath is unknown.
Polar Knight has two main phases. The first is to dig up snowballs to toss at you, and these will stay until you bounce and break them. He will eventually charge across the screen, piling the snowballs up as he goes. If none of the balls have been broken, this is a fairly damaging attack. The second phase is a lot more difficult, as he will dig up the snow from the floor of the stage, revealing one-hit kill spikes. After a few passes, he will send more snow down to cover the spikes, but this snow damages you as well. As a final note, after one bounce with the Shovel Drop, Polar Knight will hold his shovel above his head, blocking damage and eventually counterattacking through the Shovel Drop.
As Shovel Knight:
- "Polar Knight: Hmph."
- "Shovel Knight: So, my old friend... The day has finally come."
- "Polar Knight: This will be our final duel."
- "Shovel Knight: Should we not lay down our shovels and part as equals?"
- "Polar Knight: Hmph. The order has no equals. Surely you can recognize power. Join us."
- "Shovel Knight: You've forgotten our oath! What happened to the proud warrior I knew?"
- "Polar Knight: Hmph! No more words. The bitter cold will claim you."
As Plague Knight:
- "Plague Knight: Boom! Hee hee hee!"
- "Polar Knight: ..."
- "Plague Knight: Hah! Hey, beard knight, you got something in your ears?"
- "Polar Knight: Hmph. Weakling."
- "Plague Knight: Hee hee, you've likely figured out why I'm here, yes? I need something that you have!"
- "Polar Knight: You know, I never liked you, wizard. Masks... books... cheap tricks. You're nothing but a weakling."
- "Plague Knight: Wheeeeee! Hahaha! How grumpy! Let's settle this with a snowball fight!"
As Specter Knight:
- "Polar Knight: ..."
- " Specter Knight: Your reputation precedes you, Polar Knight! The glory of battle awaits you in the Enchantress' new order!"
- "Polar Knight: ..."
- "Specter Knight: Not much for words? Is there nothing you desire? My master is willing to make it worth your time."
- "Polar Knight: ...... Hmph."
- His design and level are based on the Vikings.
- He is the only knight besides Shield Knight whose helmet doesn't cover his entire face, and also the only to be seen without it (although he is seen from a back view, preventing the player from seeing his face).
- Despite his official bio claiming he has an annoying laugh, he is never seen laughing in game; being otherwise very serious.
- In the Battle Royale, he has the exact same dialogue regardless of who shows up.
- It is possible that Polar Knight is also a student of Shovelry, though he wields a giant snow shovel rather than a Shovel Blade. As seen in both campaigns, he does have ties to both Shovel Knight and Black Knight.
|Main Characters:||Shovel Knight • Shield Knight • Black Knight • The Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Plague Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travelers:||Reize Seatlan • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Kratos • Battletoads|