|Stage||The Lich Yard|
|“||She granted me new life... So that I may take yours!||”|
In life, Specter Knight was a cruel and cunning warrior. And although his blood is now icy cold, he is no less formidable as a phantasm. The most begrudgingly loyal knight of the Order, Specter Knight follows the Enchantress only because she is capable of magically extending his undeath. Clutching a grim Scythe in his shriveled claws, Specter Knight commands his weapon with uncommon cleverness... and his next target is Shovel Knight.
- Pros: Tattered crimson cloak, supernatural scythe, immortality
- Cons: Overly sentimental, tries too hard to act cool
Specter Knight is a thoroughly cruel Knight, showing sheer coldness towards his enemies, as well somewhat sarcastic. His cause of death has not yet been revealed. He shows to be thankful to the Enchantress, who, according to him and his official bio, brought him back from the dead.
When about to face Shovel Knight, he taunts him with the memory of Shield Knight by insisting she is dead. Before battling Plague Knight, he is quick to mock him for his cowardice, being the only one able to reduce Plague Knight to stunned silence. Whilst many of his comrades acknowledge Shovel Knight's strength to some extent after the Battle Royale, Specter Knight instead affirms his faith in the Enchantress and assures Shovel Knight that he cannot succeed.
Specter Knight utilizes the lighting of the stage and the skeleton enemies found earlier in the stage to bolster his defenses, using darkness to hinder his opponent's sight.
- Scythe Charge
- Specter Knight raises his scythe briefly before charging. Upon reaching the player's location, he unleashes a powerful slash, similar to Shovel Knight's Charge Slash, then slowly drifts back to the side of the arena. This attack is easily avoided by jumping and Shovel Dropping on his head.
- Scythe Toss
- Specter Knight moves to one of the four corners of the arena and tosses his scythe toward any corner of the arena in an arcing trajectory. While the scythe is spinning, he will teleport to whichever corner of the arena his scythe is heading toward (unless its trajectory is set to return to him).
- Raise Dead
- Specter Knight will raise his fist into the air and summon three Brittle Boneclangs, one on each platform and one on the ground. Given their fragility, they serve more as a distraction than a serious threat, although they can drop jars.
- Specter Knight raises his fist and absorbs all present Boneglangs.
- Scythe Slash
- This is a close range attack. Specter Knight holds his scythe behind him and floats into close range to attack.
- Lightning Strike
- Specter Knight raises his fist, shrouding the stage in darkness and making his attacks difficult to see. Occasionally lightning flashes, giving the player a brief view of what's happening. This will only occur after the player have reduced Specter Knight's health to three full circles or less.
One of the easier ways to defeat Specter Knight is to use a combination of the Phase Locket and the shovel. The Phase Locket can be used to easily avoid Specter Knight's Scythe Charge and Scythe Toss attacks which can often times be difficult to dodge. If you have the Ornate Plate you can see where you are, despite the darkness.
As Shovel Knight Edit
- "Specter Knight: This is no place for the living, mortal. You shall be summoned when it is your time. And everyone has a time, as we saw with your beloved Shield Knight."
- "Shovel Knight: Lies! I won't believe such talk from phantoms! Your very existence is a vile deception!"
- "Specter Knight: Heh heh heh... The Enchantress is just full of surprises. She granted me new life... So that I may take yours!"
As Plague Knight Edit
- "Specter Knight: So, reaper meets reaper. But you are no kindred spirit. What have you come to harvest, foolish alchemist?"
- "Plague Knight: Hahaha! If only you could see me yawning under this mask! Ooooooh, spooky ghost! Whee hee haa haaaa!"
- "Specter Knight: Hss.... A mask indeed. As befits a hollow, blustering fool. You hide only from yourself!"
- "Plague Knight: ..."
- "Specter Knight: How tragic that you shall never emerge from cowardice! For here... your story must end."
- Specter Knight appears to be based on the concept of the Grim Reaper.
- Like the other "Dig the Vote" winners, he has his own Steam emoticon.
- The credits of Plague of Shadows show him upset over the missing Phase Locket. Yacht Club Games had confirmed that it would be in Specter Knight's campaign in their Reddit AMA.
- Since the Enchantress is defeated by the end of game, it is unknown how long Specter Knight will be able to maintain his state of undeath before succumbing to death again.
- If there are Brittle Boneclangs present when Specter Knight is defeated, they will run away.
- In Plague of Shadows, a game-breaking glitch can occur after defeating Specter Knight and/or King Knight. After beating either one and returning to the Potionarium, the game may freeze after the dialogue between Mona and Plague Knight, making impossible to continue the game. The cause of the glitch is currently unknown, though some cases have been traced to using the "God Mode" cheat code in Plague of Shadows.
- ↑ http://yachtclubgames.com/shovel-knight-press-kit/ ("Coming Soon" section)
|Main Characters:||Shovel Knight • Shield Knight • Black Knight • The Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Plague Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travelers:||Reize Seatlan • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Kratos • Battletoads|