|“||Who has awakened me?! Mortal! Dost thou need aid?||”|
The Troupple King is a character of Shovel Knight who resides in the Troupple Pond. He is the leader of the troupples and treats others as mortals and himself as a god. He appears to those who seek him and carries a Troupple Chalice.
Shovel of HopeEdit
In Shovel of Hope, the Troupple King can fill Shovel Knight's chalices with one of his three Ichors. He will perform a dance the first time he fills a chalice. Additionally, he will get mad at Shovel Knight if he falls into or attempt to fish in his pond.
Plague of ShadowsEdit
In Plague of Shadows, Plague Knight uses the Troupple King's services to enchant his cloak to bestow it new powers, similarly to the Armorer improving Shovel Knight's armor at the Armor Outpost. However, he requires gold for it, recognizing the knight's villainy.
Additionally, Plague Knight can also learn how to dance when visiting the Troupple King for the first time and witnessing his dance. By holding [Down], Plague Knight will starting waltzing by himself. This can be done at anytime, except when near Mona, where Plague Knight will instead shyly tap his fingers together.
A different Troupple Acolyte can be found in the Armor outpost. She sells the chalice required to meet the Troupple King.
Specter of TormentEdit
- "Troupple King: Who has awakened me?! Mortal! Dost thou need aid?"
When spoken to.
- "Troupple King: I sense a Troupple Chalice! I can fill it with magical ichor. That's pronounced eye-core. Choose your ichor wisely..."
When Shovel Knight has an empty Chalice.
- "Troupple King: Subjects! A new initiate joins us! The ceremony shall commence!"
When Shovel Knight fills a Chalice with Ichor for the first time.
- "Troupple King: Fare thee well, shoveled knight! Return if thou hast need of my aid again!"
After receiving Ichor(s).
- "Troupple King: The Troupple King lives to serve! Beest thou not a stranger."
When spoken to (Plague Knight).
- "Troupple King: Ah, the ritual dance of my people, a spectacle few mortals behold. Let us begin!"
When asking the Troupple King to dance.
- "Troupple King: Dancing is sorta my thing..."
After the Troupple King finishes his dance.
- "Troupple King: Thou wouldst be wise to waste not the Troupple King's time, mortal!"
When speaking with the Troupple King but canceling any requests.
- "Troupple King: WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, MORTAL?"
- "Troupple King: Mortal! A PANDEMONIUM CHALICE!? Impossible! I thought they'd all been destroyed long ago."
- "Troupple King: Allow me to gaze into its swirling vortex... and hold still for a moment as I grant you new power! *HRP*"
When bringing the Pandemonium Chalice to the Troupple King.
- Troupple King has two different dances, one for Shovel Knight and the other for Plague Knight. Both can be replayed with the music sheet found in the pond.
- A cheat code will let Troupple King perform the first dance with a different music, however this music is not available as a music sheet.
- The dance unlocked by the Troupple King for Plague Knight is similar in concept to Shovel Knight's Toad Gear's cool pose and Specter Knight's Cold Shoulder.
- The developers designed a Body Swap version for the Troupple King, although only the main cast of Shovel of Hope had one added to the campaign.
|Shovel of Hope Characters|
|Main Characters:||Shovel Knight • Shield Knight • Black Knight • The Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Plague Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travelers:||Reize Seatlan • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Kratos • Battletoads • Madame Meeber|
|Village:||Bard • Goatician • Gastronomer • Magicist • Dancer • Deposed King • Grandma Swamp • Mona • Croaker • Chester • Troupple Acolyte • Hoop Kid • Hedge Farmer • Water Carrier • Grizzled Seer|
|Armor Outpost:||Wallace • Fisherman • Toader • Mary Sweets • Leo • Peacock Gent • Dolly • Armorer • Shovel Smith • Yoppler • Airship Enthusiast|
|Other Characters:||Troupple King|
|Plague of Shadows Characters|
|Main Characters:||Plague Knight • Mona • Black Knight • Shovel Knight • The Enchantress|
|The Order of No Quarter:||King Knight • Specter Knight • Treasure Knight • Mole Knight • Tinker Knight • Polar Knight • Propeller Knight|
|The Wandering Travelers:||Shovel Knight • Reize Seatlan • Baz • Mr. Hat • Phantom Striker|
|Guest Characters:||Madame Meeber|
|Potionarium:||Magicist • Hedge Pupil • Mail Minion • Percy • Oolong|
|Armor Outpost:||Chester • Troupple Acolyte • Leo • Peacock Gent • Dolly • Airship Enthusiast|
|Other Characters:||Troupple King|